From Linux on Power wiki
Debian on OpenPower
- See Debian Source and Installation instructions
- Get the latest network boot image: debian network boot image
- Or use boot CD from University of Augsburg tuxppc
- Use http source, enter mirror information manually: debian.gonicus.de
Debian on G5
- Debian on G5 comes with a 64-bit kernel and 32-bit userland.
- newer 64-bit kernels are available on sid and etch debian-installer.
- the former repository of Sven Luther is therefore obsolete. see PPC64.README
- use netinstall-image
- use stable (=etch) or testing (=lenny) distribution
- Some people have trouble running X after installing Debian Sarge (testing) on the "iMac DV" or "Blueberry"
Back to Main Page